You know you’re blessed when you put the call out, and people respond with their ideas, drive, and almost most importantly, their time.
Thank you to all the wonderful local educators who gathered at Khandallah Trading Company on Saturday to explore how we might continue to grow our burgeoning WellyED community.
Ideas flew thick and fast – embracing a mini design thinking challenge facilitated by Philippa. We reflected on who we are, where we are now, where we might like to be, and how we might get there.
Keep an eye out for these coming innovations:
- A ‘branding session’ to help us really encapsulate who we are and what we want to achieve. Want to know more? Want to be involved? See Rebbecca and Diana-Grace.
- A Facebook page to help us spread the WellyED message to those not on Twitter. Rebbecca and Nicola are going to look after this one.
- You’re all cordially invited to In Good Company, 166 Cuba Street, this Thursday (13 August) if you’d like to participate in #edchatNZ with friends and colleagues. Contact Diana-Grace or Paula if you’d like to know more.
- We want to hold regular discussion forums – a bit like one unconference session in an evening. We’ve pencilled the first one in for Tuesday of Week 8 of this term. Here’s a Google Form to gather ideas about topics, time and venue.
- October is Connected Educator Month, and we want to make sure we participate and contribute in a significant and meaningful way. We’re thinking a blogpost a day – yes 31 days! – but a blogpost from your learners. Let’s show the world what awesomeness happens every day in a Wellington classroom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’re keen.
- Other Term 4 events we have in mind is visiting somewhere like Te Papa, Dowse or Pataka to connect with the educators there, and to have a good coffee too. We’re also keen to have another eduignite evening, following the raging success of the last one in May. This is pencilled in for November 3.
Wow! WellyED is really happening – you’re encouraged to connect, contribute and spread the word – invite a colleague and grow the network. Keep in touch and see you soon!